Food Safety Issues/Lean Cuisine frozen spaghetti and meatballs

I bought lean cuisine spaghetti and meat balls in December 2012 and froze them  It is March5,  they are still in my freezer, is it safe to eat them

Hi Joan,

Yes, as long as the meal has been continually frozen it is safe to consume.  

Frozen foods that are continually frozen are safe to consume for years.  The problem with older frozen foods is in their quality, not their safety.  As food ages in the freezer it changes in flavor, texture and color which gives it an "old" taste.  This is not harmful to consume, just not very appitizing. Freezer guidelines for food are based on quality, not safety.

Enjoy your spaghetti and meatballs!

Food Safety Issues

Carol Schlitt

I can answer questions on home food safety, sanitation and home food preservation.

I am a former Extension educator, nutrition, wellness and food safety, having retired August 1, 2010. I am a food safety instructor for the Illinois Department of Public Health, a ServSafe Instructor/Proctor and have my own company, Safe & Savory Solutions, Inc -

National Extension Association of Family and Consumer Sciences (Past President and current Historian), St. Louis Culinary Society.

BS - University of Illinois MS - Southern Illinois University at Edwardsville