Food Safety Issues/Safety of frozen chop

Question
I froze a pork shop in Feb. of this year. It's now Sept. Is it safe to defrost and fry it?

Answer
Hi Barb,

As long as the pork chop was continously frozen it will safe to consume for years.  

The freezer guideline for how long pork chopes should be stored is 4 to 6 months for maximum quality.  However, it will be safe to consume for a much longer time -- even years. The quality of the pork chop will decrease with each passing month past the recommendation but it is still safe to consume.  After all, freezer burn is not unsafe to consume, just not very tasty.

Your pork chop is just barely past the 6 months so you should not even notice any changes in quality once defrosted and prepared.

Enjoy!

Carol

Food Safety Issues

Carol Schlitt