Food Safety Issues/cooking time

Question
I am cooking 2 turkeys in oven bags .  How much longer do I need to  cook them?

Answer
Hi Jone,

As long as you have sufficient air space around the 2 turkeys, you won't need to add additional time. You should follow the cooking time suggested for each turkey and be sure to use a meat thermometer to determine when each turkey is done.  

Turkey should be cooked at 325 F until the meat thermometer registers 170 F in the breast and 180 F in the thigh.

For best carving, the birds should come out of the oven 30 minutes before you are ready to carve them to get perfect slices.

If you have additional questions, please let me know.

Carol

Food Safety Issues

Carol Schlitt