Food Safety Issues/cooking time

I am cooking 2 turkeys in oven bags .  How much longer do I need to  cook them?

Hi Jone,

As long as you have sufficient air space around the 2 turkeys, you won't need to add additional time. You should follow the cooking time suggested for each turkey and be sure to use a meat thermometer to determine when each turkey is done.  

Turkey should be cooked at 325 F until the meat thermometer registers 170 F in the breast and 180 F in the thigh.

For best carving, the birds should come out of the oven 30 minutes before you are ready to carve them to get perfect slices.

If you have additional questions, please let me know.

Food Safety Issues

Carol Schlitt

I can answer questions on home food safety, sanitation and home food preservation.

I am a former Extension educator, nutrition, wellness and food safety, having retired August 1, 2010. I am a food safety instructor for the Illinois Department of Public Health, a ServSafe Instructor/Proctor and have my own company, Safe & Savory Solutions, Inc -

National Extension Association of Family and Consumer Sciences (Past President and current Historian), St. Louis Culinary Society.

BS - University of Illinois MS - Southern Illinois University at Edwardsville