Food Safety Issues/Bloody Mary

Hi there, I was wondering, if I mixed up a jug of bloody mary mix, alcohol included, will it be ok unrefridgerated?  If so, how long??
Thank you!

Hi Amandia,

Normally, bloody mary's are served as a cold beverage, therefore the recommendation is to refrigerate the mix either after making or opening the bottle of premade mix.  The recommendation for refrigeration is for both safety and quality.

If it must be out of refrigeration, the maximum amount of time would be 4 hours.

Merry Christmas.

Food Safety Issues

Carol Schlitt

I can answer questions on home food safety, sanitation and home food preservation.

I am a former Extension educator, nutrition, wellness and food safety, having retired August 1, 2010. I am a food safety instructor for the Illinois Department of Public Health, a ServSafe Instructor/Proctor and have my own company, Safe & Savory Solutions, Inc -

National Extension Association of Family and Consumer Sciences (Past President and current Historian), St. Louis Culinary Society.

BS - University of Illinois MS - Southern Illinois University at Edwardsville