Food Safety Issues/Refreezing pepperoni

I recently bought an 8 oz. package of pepperoni slices and froze them.  I took out the package today and used several slices for pepperoni bread but have many more left.  Can I refreeze the pack, or will I now have to make a pepperoni pig ;^ > of myself lest they go to waste?
Thanks for any help you give me!

Hi Chris,

As long as you defrosted the pepperoni in the refrigerator you can refreeze the pack for use at another time.  

Refreezing pepperoni may show sings of quality change (taste, smell, texture) but will not affect the safety of the product.  

Here's hoping you used the refrigerator to defrost your pepperoni.  There are many things to pig out on this time of year and pepperoni does not come to mind!

Merry Christmas.

Food Safety Issues

Carol Schlitt

I can answer questions on home food safety, sanitation and home food preservation.

I am a former Extension educator, nutrition, wellness and food safety, having retired August 1, 2010. I am a food safety instructor for the Illinois Department of Public Health, a ServSafe Instructor/Proctor and have my own company, Safe & Savory Solutions, Inc -

National Extension Association of Family and Consumer Sciences (Past President and current Historian), St. Louis Culinary Society.

BS - University of Illinois MS - Southern Illinois University at Edwardsville