Food Safety Issues/Refreezing pepperoni

Question
Hi!
I recently bought an 8 oz. package of pepperoni slices and froze them.  I took out the package today and used several slices for pepperoni bread but have many more left.  Can I refreeze the pack, or will I now have to make a pepperoni pig ;^ > of myself lest they go to waste?
Thanks for any help you give me!
Chris

Answer
Hi Chris,

As long as you defrosted the pepperoni in the refrigerator you can refreeze the pack for use at another time.  

Refreezing pepperoni may show sings of quality change (taste, smell, texture) but will not affect the safety of the product.  

Here's hoping you used the refrigerator to defrost your pepperoni.  There are many things to pig out on this time of year and pepperoni does not come to mind!

Merry Christmas.

Carol

Food Safety Issues

Carol Schlitt