Food Safety Issues/Frozen chicken breasts

I have a couple of chicken breasts that I had purchased fresh and vacuum sealed at home. How long will they be good in the freezer?

Hi Jill,

It is recommended to freeze chicken parts up to 9 months for highest quality.

The recommendations for freezer storage of foods is based upon quality not safety.  In other words, you can keep food in the freezer much longer than the recommendation and it is still safe to consume, just maybe not the highest quality.  After all...only women improve with age!!!

Food Safety Issues

Carol Schlitt

I can answer questions on home food safety, sanitation and home food preservation.

I am a former Extension educator, nutrition, wellness and food safety, having retired August 1, 2010. I am a food safety instructor for the Illinois Department of Public Health, a ServSafe Instructor/Proctor and have my own company, Safe & Savory Solutions, Inc -

National Extension Association of Family and Consumer Sciences (Past President and current Historian), St. Louis Culinary Society.

BS - University of Illinois MS - Southern Illinois University at Edwardsville