Food Safety Issues/Individual condiment packets to consumers drinks

Question
I ask this because I'm looking for clarification and can't find it in policies. When it comes to adding hone to a consumers beverage via individual packets is this allowable or should it be turned over to the consumer to add in? The place I work at is clean we wash are hands thouroghly and handle beverages with bare hands on the outside of cups. We add syrups and the like to the drinks via pumps but both honey and agave are by condiment pack. I'm in Mendocino county CA and I'm not finding were to look this up at.  I was also told from a employee at another location that we were not slowed to handle hone packets and the like due to the fact it can come back on our fingers and then fall into the drink. So I'm looking for a definitive answer is this something we on the service side should handle or leave it to the consumer to handle and were can I find the policies for my area about this. My company neither acknowledges or disregards this the simply have no response to it.  Thank You for you time. I hope this comes across easily understood.

Answer
I would leave it to the customer to handle it. Individual packets are meant to be added by the customer. I think there would be a risk of getting it on your hands or the gloves if you are using them. You could go to a dispenser but I don't know of anyone doing this. You could always ask your local health department. Great question Stephen.

Food Safety Issues

Carl LaFrate