Food Safety Issues/corned beef storage

How long can you keep a corned beef vacuumed sealed in its original package frozen?

Hi Paul,

The recommendation for freezer storage of a vacuumed sealed corned beef is up to 12 months.  This guideline is for quality, not safety, as foods that are continuously frozen are safe for years and years.  The quality of frozen food deteriorates the longer that it is in the freezer, but it is still safe to consume.

Food Safety Issues

Carol Schlitt

I can answer questions on home food safety, sanitation and home food preservation.

I am a former Extension educator, nutrition, wellness and food safety, having retired August 1, 2010. I am a food safety instructor for the Illinois Department of Public Health, a ServSafe Instructor/Proctor and have my own company, Safe & Savory Solutions, Inc -

National Extension Association of Family and Consumer Sciences (Past President and current Historian), St. Louis Culinary Society.

BS - University of Illinois MS - Southern Illinois University at Edwardsville