Food Safety Issues/Food safety at the supermarket

Question
Today after purchasing premade kebabs I noticed that one of the sticks with sticking through at the grocery bag the bag or had put into my car. The kebabs are beef and vegetable and I was wondering what is the risk of contamination for the rest of my groceries. I do not see any meat nor do I see any juices outside of the package. However it is the sharp end of that would've been used to make the kebab that was sticking through the bag. The only thing that I can remember being close to that bag is a bag of hot dog buns and I will wash those off with a Clorox wipe and wash my son's car seat since they're sitting in his car seat.

Answer
Hi Jessica,

The chances for contamination are extremely low, especially since you did not see any meat juices anywhere in your grocery bags. Wiping the outside of food packages and your son's car seat with the bleach wipes should be sufficient.

Carol

Food Safety Issues

Carol Schlitt