Food Safety Issues/food poisoning

Question
After I ate a double whopper at burger king, I started vomiting up the hamburger approximately 3 hours later. Anything I really put in my stomach now just comes right back out. Liquids, food, anything.

Answer
Hi Taua,

It is entirely possible that you are experiencing a case of foodborne illness but without laboratory analysis it is impossible to know for sure. If you were feeling fine and then suddenly became ill it is possible that you are experiencing a foodborne intoxication such as Staphaloccus aureus -- one of the most common causes of sudden vomiting, diarrhea, etc.  Since humans are the main source of Staph,, it is possible that the bacterial waste product was transfered to the hamburger through an infected food handler. There are many other foodborne intoxication bacteria so again, without laboratory analysis it is impossible to know for sure what was the cause of your vomiting.

By the time you read this I'm hoping your nausea and vomiting are behind you and you are now on the mend. That's the good thing about a Staph and other foodborne intoxication  -- once the toxin is out of your system you feel better.

Carol  

Food Safety Issues

Carol Schlitt