Food Safety Issues/Jimmy Dean Sausage Roll

Question
Hello!  I had some Jimmy Dean sausage roll in my freezer.  It is 9/2015 and the use/freeze by date was July.  When I thawed it in the fridge, it looked pink.  Maybe a tiny bit brown in some parts.

1.  Is it still okay to cook and eat?

2.  If so, will it be okay if I cut it up in portions, refreeze and bring out however much I need?  

3.  One more (sorry for a lot of questions!) how long will it be good for in the freezer after the use by date?

Thank you!

Answer
The pink color is normal when the product is frozen for several months. As far as the safety of the product...is there a risk for food poisoning? the answer is no, even if you re-freeze it again. I'm not sure how this will affect the quality though. Go ahead and try it. Food stays safe indefinetly when frozen. the quality depends on how you froze it. In loose packaging it will start to dry out, known as freezer burn, in just a few weeks. If it is sealed airtight it should last 6 months or a little more. Sorry about the late reply... I just got your question today for some reason.

Food Safety Issues

Carl LaFrate