Food Safety Issues/Precut and package apple slices

Question
Over the weekend I purchased a family size Crunch Pak bag of precut apples. (Here is the link http://www.crunchpak.com/products/familyparty-size/)

I didn't look at the best buy date before purchasing them and the best buy date was 9/6/15, so that date has passed.  This morning I was adding my breakfast to my fitness app by scanning the barcode and that is when I saw it.

Are these apples safe to continue eating or should I throw them away?

Answer
Hi Jessica,

The "best if purchased by" date on the apples is for quality, not safety. The date on the bag is provided to help grocery stores rotate their stock.

They are not unsafe to consume past this date however they are on the older side so you may see quality changes faster than younger cut apples.

Carol  

Food Safety Issues

Carol Schlitt