Food Safety Issues/Kirklabd organic chicken stock

Question
I have 4 (320z) containers stamped best used by 1/15/16 and I would like to know if I can still use them.

Answer
Hi Helen,

The "best if used by" date on the carton is a quality date stamp, not a food safety date.  The manufacturer places the date to help grocery stores to rotate their products and to help consumers to know that if they use the product by that date it should be at it's highest quality.

With that said, open the container and see if the chicken stock looks, smells and finally tastes like a fresher stock.  If so....use it.  If the color, flavor or aroma does not seem up to a fresher product, pitch it.  After all....only women get better with age!!

Carol

Food Safety Issues

Carol Schlitt