Food Science/partially thawed/refrozen food

This isn't about grains, but you may know. When I buy frozen food at the grocery store (frozen dinners, pizza, etc), sometimes it takes so long to get through the checkout line and get home, that the food is partially thawed, especially if the weather is warm. Then the food is put in the freezer and fully frozen again. How does this affect the quality or taste of the food, or does it?

Unless you live a long way from the store this should not be a problem.  I would be concerned if the product was completely thawed but this generally takes a long time.  If placed in the freezer as soon as you can it should not be a problem.

Food Science

Carl Hoseney

Properties and structure of cereal grains. Milling of grains and their processing into food or feed. The chemistry of cereal grains and what happens as grains are processed.

15 years with USDA as a research chemist. 25 years as a professor at Kansas State University and 3 years as President of R&R Research Services, Inc.

Mainly Cereal Chemistry but many others also

PhD in cereal chemistry