Food Science/Leavening agent

Mr. Polidori

I have a very small business who makes dried ready to use products.
The ingredients that i use are dried and in a powder format.
I will use these following leavening products: sodium bicarbonate and sodium aluminium phosphate
I will use them together to have the effect that i need.
I am very concerned about the safety of my customers. What would be the dosage of these products in order to have the effect that i need and still be safe?
How the industry mix these 2 products?
Do you have a website or article with all the infos regarding the dosage of these 2, when used together?

Thank you very much

Hi Claude,

I need to know a few things before I can answer in the detail you want.
1. Why do you need to use Sodium Aluminum Phosphate?
2. What foods do you want to use it in preparation of?
3. What stages of food preparation do you need leavening action in?
4. What are your customer demographics?
5. What ratio of bicarb to aluminum phosphate are you using now?

That you are concerned about your customer safety makes me believe you have an older clientele or a lot of kids as customers... but rather than guess I need you to tell me.

Aluminum containing products are well tolerated in your average person.
Aluminum is neurologically (brain) and nephrotically (kidneys) toxic.
Excessive aluminum in the diets of kids (who are still in early stages of brain development) or older people (who are more likely to have kidney problems) should be avoided.

Please ask a follow-up question and include the information I have asked for.

Michael Polidori

Food Science

Michael Polidori

I can answer questions about food safety issues and benefits vs risks issues related to the growing, environmental effects and health effects of conventional, organic and gene altered food (GE GMO genetically engineered), both plants and animals. I can answer questions related to the cause and treatment of nutritionally related disease (including immune related diseases) and nutritional problems related to healing physiological or nutritional injuries.

I have been studying food growing methods, regulatory rules and organic/conventional/biotechnological methods of producing foods since 1998. I have prepared materials for distribution concerning health safety issues, lack of regulation, environmental dangers and industry sponsored research of genetically engineered plants and animals. I have also created similar materials promoting the benefits of organic agriculture for not only direct health benefits but for dramatic reductions in pollution, indirectly benefitting our health. I have prepared research materials for and participated in Public Television talk and radio shows regarding the issues surrounding genetic engineering and organic foods and debated in college forums with mainstream scientific experts about the safety & regulatory issues of gene altered foods. 2000-2002 I managed booths at major North Carolina events interfacing with the public (including farmers) on organic vs GMO benefits and dangers. I understand regulatory practices, shortcomings & revolving jobs doors of the FDA, USDA and EPA and the industries they regulate. I have been involved in nutrition, health care, prescription drug, vaccine, disease, immune and wellness issues since 1997 reading and writing on the internet and in practical applications with myself, family and friends leading to paths of health, wellness and fitness.

North Carolina Citizens For Safe Food, Public Citizen, Organic Consumers Association, Union of Concerned Scientists, Environmental Working Group, PSRAST.

No Degree, but some college in the sciences (Biology, Chemistry, Calculus, Astronomy and Physics). I have also taken several courses in Logic and Philosophy. I am involved in extensive research using mainstream websites (many of which I am on mailing lists for) such as - peer-reviewed publications (The Lancet, New England Journal of Medicine, others), PubMed database of research studies, National Institutes of Health, FDA, USDA, EPA, University Research libraries, hospital databases (John Hopkins, Mayo Clinic, Cleveland Clinic, others). I also regulary contact/correspond-with manufacturers/suppliers of food products, pharmaceuticals (including vaccines) and supplements with questions, recommendations, criticisms and complements. Every week, I learn something new!