Food Science/Make Ready to use products

Question
QUESTION: Chef Hemaro

I am starting a very small business, i will be producing :ready to use fritters
That means the big difficulty is to mix the vegetable and garlic, salt, onion, etc.. All these products will be in a POWDER format because it is a ready to use product. ALL ingredients are DRIED and turned into powder because the goal is to have a mix that will be ready to use. The customer will add water and than just put it in oil and do the cooking.

This is a specific subject, i tried to find BOOKS or WEBSITES on this specific subject but i was not able to find anything specific all that i have found is cooking books on fritters but NOTHING on READY TO USE technics.

Is it possible for you to help me find something specific (book, article, website) on this subject: the technic on the mixing of ingredients that are dried and turned into powder for ready to use products?

Thank you

ANSWER: Hello there!
Thanks for your message...

Have you tried a test run of your recipe?
What binding agent will you be using?

Do you already have a recipe with the amounts of each dried ingredient?

I need this info in order to help you!

Cordially yours,

Chef Hemaro

QUESTION: Chef Hemaro

I am going to give you the list of the ingredients (recipe) on their regular format (FRESH)
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of black pepper
- 1 stalk stallion, chopped
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 parsley chopped
- 1 scotch bonnet pepper, chopped
- 1 egg beaten

This is the recipe FRESH but i want to make the DRIED MIX, ready to use. So i need the equivalent on the dried  or powder format. But i am not able to have a good quality .
What are the equivalent of dried products , how should i choose the ingredients and do the MIX?
What would be the best binding agent to add?

Thank you very much for your answer

Answer
Hello again!
Rule of thumb "3 portions of fresh herb = 1 portion of dried herb"

As you mentioned earlier, all ingredients will be dried ( powder form ).

You will need to experiment the recipe until you make sure it works the way you want.

If all ingredients will be dried, use a food processor with the blade attachment and add all dried ingredients until you get the powdered mix.

Do a test run combining the powdered mix, the egg and the water and mix well with a whisk or mixer.
Check the results after fried.

If it breaks while frying, try adding some white flour ( sifted )and a little more water until you get a consistency as of pancake mix.
Then, do another test run and so on until you get the desired product.

If I can be of more help, please do not hesitate to contact me anytime.

I am here to help.  

Food Science

Chef Hemaro