Food Science/Difference of lemon and lime

Question
Hello sir. My question is very simple for you. I just want to know how do I spot a lemon because I don't want to end up buying a lime. It's said that lemons are yellow whereas lime is green. But even unripe lemons are green. So can you suggest me the points to keep in mind while buying a lemon. Also give me some ideas on how to preserve it for long without a refrigerator as we don't have one.

Answer
Hello there!
Thanks for your message.

In regards of a Lemon, stay with the yellow ones with no brown spots and firm to the touch of a hand.

For juice conservation you need a refrigerator and/or freezer and freeze it in ice cubes, then place them in freezer bags once frozen.

I am sorry to say that there is no proven domestic preservation at room temperature as it will ferment and spoil the juice.

I hope this information is somewhat helpful.

Cordially yours,

Chef Hemaro  

Food Science

Chef Hemaro