Food Science/Dosage

Mr. Polidori

I do the deshydratation (drying) of the malanga lila.
Before i put it in the deshydrator i do a

-steam blanching
- add : lemon juice
In order to destroy the enzymes to prevent the deterioration of this vegetable. I am trying to keep the taste as much as possible

My time for the steam blanching is 10 minutes and than i put it in cold water for 8 minutes.
BUT i think i put(i spray on the pieces) to much lemon juice because the taste of the lemon is way to much.

How can i do the DOSAGE for the lemon juice OR should i use spirit vinegar and what would be the DOSAGE and how to add it on the vegetable?
Do you have another tip to maintain the TASTE of the malanga lila?

Thank you very much

Hi Claude,

Please do not rate this "answer". It is not an answer to your question.

I noticed that you asked Chef Hernaro this question, so I am "answering" your original question just to get it out of the Food Science Question Pool.
There is no way to refer a question to another expert other than adding it to the question pool.

Here is Chef Hernaro's answer -

I'm glad he was able to help you.

If you haven't yet done it, please rate Chef Hernaro's answer.

Please do not rate this "answer".

Thanks for using AllExperts!
Michael Polidori

Food Science

Michael Polidori

I can answer questions about food safety issues and benefits vs risks issues related to the growing, environmental effects and health effects of conventional, organic and gene altered food (GE GMO genetically engineered), both plants and animals. I can answer questions related to the cause and treatment of nutritionally related disease (including immune related diseases) and nutritional problems related to healing physiological or nutritional injuries.

I have been studying food growing methods, regulatory rules and organic/conventional/biotechnological methods of producing foods since 1998. I have prepared materials for distribution concerning health safety issues, lack of regulation, environmental dangers and industry sponsored research of genetically engineered plants and animals. I have also created similar materials promoting the benefits of organic agriculture for not only direct health benefits but for dramatic reductions in pollution, indirectly benefitting our health. I have prepared research materials for and participated in Public Television talk and radio shows regarding the issues surrounding genetic engineering and organic foods and debated in college forums with mainstream scientific experts about the safety & regulatory issues of gene altered foods. 2000-2002 I managed booths at major North Carolina events interfacing with the public (including farmers) on organic vs GMO benefits and dangers. I understand regulatory practices, shortcomings & revolving jobs doors of the FDA, USDA and EPA and the industries they regulate. I have been involved in nutrition, health care, prescription drug, vaccine, disease, immune and wellness issues since 1997 reading and writing on the internet and in practical applications with myself, family and friends leading to paths of health, wellness and fitness.

North Carolina Citizens For Safe Food, Public Citizen, Organic Consumers Association, Union of Concerned Scientists, Environmental Working Group, PSRAST.

No Degree, but some college in the sciences (Biology, Chemistry, Calculus, Astronomy and Physics). I have also taken several courses in Logic and Philosophy. I am involved in extensive research using mainstream websites (many of which I am on mailing lists for) such as - peer-reviewed publications (The Lancet, New England Journal of Medicine, others), PubMed database of research studies, National Institutes of Health, FDA, USDA, EPA, University Research libraries, hospital databases (John Hopkins, Mayo Clinic, Cleveland Clinic, others). I also regulary contact/correspond-with manufacturers/suppliers of food products, pharmaceuticals (including vaccines) and supplements with questions, recommendations, criticisms and complements. Every week, I learn something new!