Food Science/Obscure Gadget

Question
Some time ago, I read in a recipe about a device used in cooking that was, as I understand it, an enclosed metal mesh basket, sort of like the type used in deep frying. It had a special name that I didn't write down (my bad) and can't recall.

Would you happen to know what this device is? I'd like to get one for my own (amateur) gourmet efforts.

From one expert (comic books and acting) to another, thanks!

Answer
Hello there!
Based on what you are describing, we may be talking about a deep frying device which can also be used as a deep fat frying device, blanching vegetables and/or strainer for pasta.

This answer is the best of my knowledge based on the information you are requesting.

If you have further questions, please contact me anytime.

Thank you very much and have a great day.

Food Science

Chef Hemaro