Food Science/chicken & turkey interchangeability

Question
Hello, sir.  are chicken and turkey legally interchangeable in the food service industry?  i realize that something specific on a menu such as chicken kiev or roast turkey breast should not use a substitute, but for items like chicken salad or curried chicken i have seen this done, and i have done it when working in restaurants.  is this legal?  i was told that it WAS legal according to the FDA.  am i wrong?

Answer
Chef Hemaro
Chef Hemaro  
Hello there.
You can do many things as long as you follow good quality and sanitation standards.

In regards of your question, you are doing nothing wrong as long as the customer knows what they will be getting.

You are right!

Keep shining in this beautiful field.

If you need any more questions, I'm always around.

Food Science

Chef Hemaro