Food Science/Flavor

Question
Chef Hemaro

I have used your previous answer successfully that is why i am back again with another question

I am looking for a Malanga Lila flavor substitute. That substitute has to be dehydrated (powder) with similar flavor than Malanga Lila.

Thank you

Answer
Hello again!

The closest thing similar to Malanga Lila is Yautia Lila also known as Yautia Morada.

Yautia Lila used to be available in the supermarkets nearby my house but I asked the Manager of one of them and told me that the manufacturer discontinued this item.

You can use the same procedure that you made with the Malanga Lila.

Can You get the Yautia where you live now?

If not, let me know.

I hope this information is helpful for you.

Cordially,

Chef Hemaro  

Food Science

Chef Hemaro