Food Science/peanut butter

Question
I buy the type of peanut butter where the peanut oil is separate from the peanut butter once opened should it be refrigerated

thank you

Answer
Artisan Arepas
Artisan Arepas  

Artisan Guanimes
Artisan Guanimes  
Hello there.

Please recieve a cordial greeting on my behalf!
( please check label for expiration date and hydrogenated or chemical ingredients which are bad for your health )

There is nothing bad with the peanut butter to divide in it's jar.
This is very normal. This happens when the peanut butter has been exposed to warm temperatures and cool again.

*WASH YOUR HANDS WITH ANTIBACTERIAL SOAP AND DRY WELL*
To play it safe, blend the oil and the semi-solid peanut butter until you get a homogeneous paste.
In other words when the solids are totally mixed with the oil completely. ( You may do this with a strong stainless steel table fork. ) This is the less messy procedure.

If you leave the peanut butter at warm room temperature for too long,  it will happen again and may become rancid losing its original creamy flavor.

What I do in my kitchen and get a divided peanut Butter is to open it immediately, blend it until the peanut butter and oil become one and then refrigerate it for later use.

For my personal use, I go Organic although there are very good natural brands without hydrogenated ingredients.
It only take you 5 seconds to read a product Nutrition label.
If you have some spare time, go to a search engine such as Google and use keywords: food industry, truth about fast foods, chicken nuggets, milk industry and also visit Youtube with related words.
You will be amazed!
Please! Feel free to message me when you have a Culinary Arts question.
I will be more than happy to answer.

Cordially,

Chef Hemaro

Food Science

Chef Hemaro