Food Service Equipment & Supplies/I.B.M. Dayton meat slicer

Tom Watson, Sr wrote at 2012-01-06 18:35:30
The meat slicer was made by the same "IBM".  Three companies merged in 1911 to form CTR and the name IBM was adopted in 1924.  Early products included meat slicers, time clocks, and counting machines (early notoriety came from being tapped for the first United States census).  The company celebrated its 100 anniversary in 2011 and there were numerous exhibits celebrating its long and distinguished history.

Barry wrote at 2013-04-21 11:00:46
Hi I have the same machine it is was made in canada.Is made of cast iron and porcelain  works great also.They are rare and people have offered me 1500 for it.Barry ps I can't find anything on it also any info?

Food Service Equipment & Supplies

BML Consulting

I have 30 years within the foodservice industry as an equipment, supplies and fine dining consultant. I have worked for foodservice distributors and more than 50 equipment, supplies and top-of-the-table manufacturers within the Southern California marketplace. I have extensive experience and knowledge in the areas of heavy cooking equipment, front-of-the-house, fine dining, wine and tablewares. I am interested in giving back to the community that has assisted in my success and I am happy to offer my unbiased expertise to those in need of objective answers. I am also certified as a CFSP professional (Certified Food Service Professional) as a member of NAFEM.

Began career in 1979 at one of the nation's most prestigious distributors, RW Smith & Co. Recipient of Three "Top Gun" awards as the best salesman in the company.
Too many awards to list from manafacturers but among those: largest sale in three years for Ventmaster ventilation systems (more than 368 lineal feet of exhaust ventilation)for the Neveda Culinary Arts Academy; "Rising Star" for greatest sales growth in one year for all territories in the US on behalf of Service Ideas; Largest increase in territory sales for Franklin Machine Products for signing two restaurant chains to a corporate program. The list goes on...

BA, Clinical Psychology
MBA, Negotiation & Arbitration

Rising Star, Service Ideas
"Top Gun" (3 years) RW Smith