Food Service Equipment & Supplies/old meat saw

Mr. Edger i appoligize.Going  to go to church ,got in a hurry. I was just wondering it,s worth ,maybe age,just maybe any thing in to a response of selling it  or just knowing about it,s heritage you my say .I may keep it. My dad had it but passed away with bladder cancer.Just should i hang on to it?I,m not sure about the information so i,ll try to inform you. I took this information off the 2-16-13.It is a globe meat saw,STIMPSON COMPUTING SCALE CO.MO.-79-D,AMP-14.6,VOLT - 115,H.P.THREE QUARTER,CISA APP NO 12581,CYCLES-60,9-11143,LOUISVILLE,KY.    MOTOR,SERIAL-3724485,RPM-1725,VOLT 115-230,DYNA,BROWN BUCKMEYER COMPANY,DATONA,OHIO,,ELECTRIC

You have a very old meat saw. Unfortunately, there were thousands of them sold and many still exist today in the back rooms of processing plants across the nation. Saws like the one you describe were used commonly in small neighborhood butcher shops. Those type of small complete butchering operations have all but disappeared today.

As a side note, there are many of these saws used in the Midwest by shops that process deer for hunters. Small towns in Ohio, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, Kentucky and Tennessee will have these seasonal operations.

I really can't give you a value, but a phone call to a nearby used restaurant equipment company may be helpful.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

Food Service Equipment & Supplies

Larry Edger

Multi concept restaurant owner. Just finished fourth restaurant. Can answer questions on all aspects of running, owning and starting a restaurant, cafe or hospitality operation. Enjoy helping other restaurant owners. Most "consultants" have no idea what a restaurant operator needs to be successful. Let me know if I can assist you finding answers to your operating and marketing questions. Accomplished chef and menu development a particular talent for upscale casual restaurants.

Owner and operator of several multi-concept restaurants. Successful entrepreneur, started businesses from scratch on many occasions. Know the problems with planning and running a restaurant. Always independent operations and not the product of chain restaurants.

National Restaurant Association and many more.

Numerous magazines, websites, blogs and news media.

Attended Ohio State University and have gone through many extended classes relating to marketing and management. Written many courses and training manuals.

In my career I have been fortunate to receive many.

Not a "for hire" consultant. Just helping independent restauranteurs who need assistance.