Food Service Equipment & Supplies/LP Operated Ovens and Coffee Urns

Question
Our ministry has cold catering trucks that go out every night,around Austin,and feed the homeless.Our catering boxes are custom made and have had no need to certify the oven or coffee urn in the pAST.Now,the City of Austin is requiring the propane operated oven and coffee urn to be certified.We can not find a manufacturer that makes ovens or coffee urns that would be certified to use on future trucks.I would appreciate any referral to companies we could contact that hopefully make propane equipment.Thanks,Pat Patterson

Answer
Hi Pat:
First of all thanks for the good work you do feeding the homeless. I just wish our government took a more active interest in caring for the poor and needy. To answer your question Moffat makes a whole series of ovens that are fairly small, NSF certified and can be used with propane. For the coffee urn go to Cambro for a whole series of heavily insulated urns suitable for coffee and also NSF certified. You'll want to pre-heat the urn by pouring hot water in them to get longer, better results.
Good luck with your compassionate work!
Brian

Food Service Equipment & Supplies

BML Consulting