Food Service Equipment & Supplies/LP Operated Ovens and Coffee Urns

Our ministry has cold catering trucks that go out every night,around Austin,and feed the homeless.Our catering boxes are custom made and have had no need to certify the oven or coffee urn in the pAST.Now,the City of Austin is requiring the propane operated oven and coffee urn to be certified.We can not find a manufacturer that makes ovens or coffee urns that would be certified to use on future trucks.I would appreciate any referral to companies we could contact that hopefully make propane equipment.Thanks,Pat Patterson

Hi Pat:
First of all thanks for the good work you do feeding the homeless. I just wish our government took a more active interest in caring for the poor and needy. To answer your question Moffat makes a whole series of ovens that are fairly small, NSF certified and can be used with propane. For the coffee urn go to Cambro for a whole series of heavily insulated urns suitable for coffee and also NSF certified. You'll want to pre-heat the urn by pouring hot water in them to get longer, better results.
Good luck with your compassionate work!

Food Service Equipment & Supplies

BML Consulting

I have 30 years within the foodservice industry as an equipment, supplies and fine dining consultant. I have worked for foodservice distributors and more than 50 equipment, supplies and top-of-the-table manufacturers within the Southern California marketplace. I have extensive experience and knowledge in the areas of heavy cooking equipment, front-of-the-house, fine dining, wine and tablewares. I am interested in giving back to the community that has assisted in my success and I am happy to offer my unbiased expertise to those in need of objective answers. I am also certified as a CFSP professional (Certified Food Service Professional) as a member of NAFEM.

Began career in 1979 at one of the nation's most prestigious distributors, RW Smith & Co. Recipient of Three "Top Gun" awards as the best salesman in the company.
Too many awards to list from manafacturers but among those: largest sale in three years for Ventmaster ventilation systems (more than 368 lineal feet of exhaust ventilation)for the Neveda Culinary Arts Academy; "Rising Star" for greatest sales growth in one year for all territories in the US on behalf of Service Ideas; Largest increase in territory sales for Franklin Machine Products for signing two restaurant chains to a corporate program. The list goes on...

BA, Clinical Psychology
MBA, Negotiation & Arbitration

Rising Star, Service Ideas
"Top Gun" (3 years) RW Smith