Football Instruction/Football Rule.

Question
Football Rule
Football Rule  
Dear Marc

1. We see football players using their right or left leg for the football. According to the Football game rules, Can a Player use both his legs for hitting the ball while playing in the Game ?

Example :

The Player hits the ball with his right leg and sometimes the same player also hits the ball with his left leg in the same match . Is this allowed in the Game ?. i.e using Both his legs in the game to hit the ball. If this is allowed in the game, playing with both the legs for hitting the ball can be a difficult skill for the player ?

This question came to me because in cricket one can be either a left handed or right handed batsman. i.e if one player is a right handed batsman, he is not allowed to bat as left handed in the same innings.

2. Statistically similarly there may be more right handed legs players than left handed legs players in the football game ?

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Answer
HI Prashant.

In the game of US Football, there is no rule that state's you cannot hit a football with either foot in a game.

There are some football "kickers" who in fact have developed over the years of having played "soccer" (or futbol) the ability to strike a ball with the same force with either leg, and some can hit a football with the same power, but generally use one leg over the other, because it is more accurate to do so

Football Instruction

Marc Nolan