Football Instruction/Match Abandoned - Refundable Or Non Refundable.

In event of a Football Match getting abandoned or cancelled because of rain, poor weather conditions or any other reason will the spectators get back their ticket money ?.

i.e. Is it Refundable or Non Refundable ?.

I Feel it should be refundable.

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

ANSWER: Hi Prashant.
Thank you for your question.. This one is really "it depends" because in the game of US "Football" (and not "futbol") there are High School games, College Games, semi Professioanl Games and Professional Games, and each one has their own set of how they look at "refunding" (or giving credits for future games/use) in the event of something happening where the game may be cancelled. For instance, if the field gets flooded due to rain, or weather conditions are so poor that day, that it will harm the players (and the fans) they will give them a "credit" for another game. In many of the college and professional levels, it depends on what that particular team has as their "refund policy" which is usually printed on the back of the ticket-so again this question depends on each club and each situation.

Coach Nolan

Thank you.

If the game even after rescheduling is still not played because of poor weather, rain or any other reasons the rescheduled game got cancelled, will the spectators get the money refund back ?.

Note : Rain or poor weather (Poor Lights) conditions is a natural phenomenon and it is not the fault of the spectators or fans who have come to watch the football game live between the two teams and seeing their favorite players in action.

Ideally the Spectators should get their 100 % money back paid for the tickets.

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

HI Prashant.

As to this type of follow-up question, if I am a fan in attendance, I would definately seek a full or partial refund- but maybe as the owner of the club it might not be that easy (for instance-he/she still has to pay emplyoees- food vendors etc...) and thus the reason for the back of the tickets and the refund policy of the club.

I agree with you as to the 100 per cent- but it just depends. In most of the games here, they have to be "re-played" due to current and future standings of the teams in question, and the rest of the year's worth of games, because one game not being played could have a whole range of effects on several team's. For instance, when the Katrina storm hit the Dome in Lousiana several years ago, the New Orleans Saints and the LSU Tigers did not have a "home stadium" to play in-and am sure there must have been some type of refund policy for all the season ticket holders- because they missed almos the entire year- but I dont know.

Football Instruction

Marc Nolan

I can answer any football related kicking/punting and field goal related questions, to include what camps to attend and when, how to effectively analyse where you are as a kicker/punter, and how to work with your High School and College Special Teams coach.

I am the longest active kicking coach in the US (this is my 35th year) and still kick and train with the young kickers I work with. I have helped place over several hundred kickers in D1, II, and III schools, and have built specific software that no one else has done to help kickers and coaches assess the work they are doing. I am a former D1 kicker, and a former NFL walk-on punter. Lastly, I have published the first ebook ever written on the kicking industry related to how to managed the whole recruiting process and what to look out for. The ebook is entitled... "The Journey- A Roadmap for Every Football Kicking Specialists and Their Parents" . The ebook can be found on Kindle, Amazon, Scribd, Barnes and Noble.

NFL Alumni Assocation

The Journey- A Roadmap for Every Football Kicking Specialists and Their Parents" Over 100 blogs on the kicking game

University of Notre Dame Bowie State University

My clients are all D1, D2, and D3 kickers, and college coaches.