Football Instruction/new high school kicker

Coach Nolan,

I have played soccer since I was 5 years old. You were my u10 coach at Cherokee Redwings. I am now a junior in high school and have decided I would like to kick field goals rather than play soccer. What do you recommend I do this summer to get ready for the upcoming season and maybe a chance at kicking in college?

Hey Sloan.

I hope this finds you well. I don't know if you remember this or not, but I have been training Kickers and Punters for the better part of 32 years, and I do a lot of private training here in the Atlanta area.

If you are "new" to the kicking game the road to maybe getting a chance to play football in college-at this later stage or pretty low #but I also can tell you I had a kid just receive a punting scholarship to Georgia Military College that I worked with for the past years, who had not played before-so it does happen#.

The road for you #I am not sure if you are at Darlington or somewhere else#this Summer will be one that you will really need to get into high gear. For starters, I would recommend you purchase #or have your HS coach give you 3-4 footballs #Wilson GST's are very good# and then I would recommend you go on line to Wizard Kicking and seek out Mike Doan- who is the owner there and a good friend of mine and order some kicking "sticks" a one inch block for starters. The website is If you would like to speak with me about how I can help let me know. My website is and my cell phone is 678-200-7540. I train about 26 kids here in the local area, and have many others nationwide I train through my video analysis portal. I can also reccommend some of my buddies #Jamie Kohs, Chris Sailer, Micheal Husted and Mike McCabe-who have kicking compeition camps locally (as I do as well# but first you will need to really understand just how difficult a transition it is from kicking a soccer ball to kicking a football #I just started working with Connor Moore-if you know him and he was surprised#

Regards, and good luck this week with finals!

Football Instruction

Marc Nolan

I can answer any football related kicking/punting and field goal related questions, to include what camps to attend and when, how to effectively analyse where you are as a kicker/punter, and how to work with your High School and College Special Teams coach.

I am the longest active kicking coach in the US (this is my 35th year) and still kick and train with the young kickers I work with. I have helped place over several hundred kickers in D1, II, and III schools, and have built specific software that no one else has done to help kickers and coaches assess the work they are doing. I am a former D1 kicker, and a former NFL walk-on punter. Lastly, I have published the first ebook ever written on the kicking industry related to how to managed the whole recruiting process and what to look out for. The ebook is entitled... "The Journey- A Roadmap for Every Football Kicking Specialists and Their Parents" . The ebook can be found on Kindle, Amazon, Scribd, Barnes and Noble.

NFL Alumni Assocation

The Journey- A Roadmap for Every Football Kicking Specialists and Their Parents" Over 100 blogs on the kicking game

University of Notre Dame Bowie State University

My clients are all D1, D2, and D3 kickers, and college coaches.