Any questions related to football rules and mechanics, as well as safety. Extensive experience in football officiating, including training, evaluating, discipline, and mechanics of football officials.
Consulting and Expert Witness Analysis: Football-related issues of player safety, including liability cases; standard of care and negligence claims of players, coaches, schools, and game officials; mechanisms for on-field injuries; subrogation claims; playing rules; sportsmanship; true sport; committees' points of emphasis for game rules; and mechanics of the game and game officials.
- Media education and analysis
- Officiating instruction, qualifications, mechanics, and standards
- Coaches' education
- Film evaluation, analysis, and grading
- Insurance coverage, risks, liabilities, investigations, subrogation
- Legal education, objective analysis, discovery plans, trial and cross-examination preparation
- Injury analysis, cause, prevention, and involvement of officials, coaches, and players
- Expert witness evaluation and testimony
- Remedial measure to minimize future risks
- Fact-checking and analysis for authors and media
- Disciplining officials and players, and causes for discipline
- Analysis of hazardous playing conditions
- General education on the rules and mechanics for players, coaches, schools, and game officials
Big Sky Conference Football Officials Association Colorado Springs Basketball Officials Association Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference Football Officials Rotary International Sports Lawyers Association American Bar Association Section on Sports Law
JURIS DOCTOR, cum laude 2001 University of Minnesota Law School, Minneapolis, Minnesota • President, Entertainment and Sports Law Students Association • Associate Editor, Minnesota Law Review MASTERS OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION, with honors 2001 University of Minnesota Carlson School of Management, Minneapolis, Minnesota • Double Concentration: Marketing and Finance • Beta Gamma Sigma (national honor society) BACHELOR OF SCIENCE, cum laude 1997 Marquette University, Milwaukee, Wisconsin • Double major: Business Marketing and Business Finance • Minor: Political Science • Beta Gamma Sigma and Alpha Sigma Nu (national honor societies) Extensive training in football rules and officiating mechanics.