Football Instruction/Football

Question
In the state of Maine can a Jv team be expected to play a varsity team in a season schedule?

Answer
Hello Nancy,

I don't know all the regulating rules for each state, but this is a very interesting question. Now, I have heard of schools only carrying a varsity team, doing away with their JV. So the JV became the varsity team and took on the varsity schedule. I'm not saying that Maine does or does not allow it in their rules. I would have to try to contact their High School Sports Governing Board to find out for sure. But of course, they may or may not respond. Now, I know of players that bounce back and forth on both levels.

Sorry I couldn't give you a definite yes or no. If I get any type of info on it, I will try to do a follow up.

Football Instruction

Arthur Anderson