Football Instruction/Football

In the state of Maine can a Jv team be expected to play a varsity team in a season schedule?

Hello Nancy,

I don't know all the regulating rules for each state, but this is a very interesting question. Now, I have heard of schools only carrying a varsity team, doing away with their JV. So the JV became the varsity team and took on the varsity schedule. I'm not saying that Maine does or does not allow it in their rules. I would have to try to contact their High School Sports Governing Board to find out for sure. But of course, they may or may not respond. Now, I know of players that bounce back and forth on both levels.

Sorry I couldn't give you a definite yes or no. If I get any type of info on it, I will try to do a follow up.

Football Instruction

Arthur Anderson

I can answer most football questions. Per position, skill, training, technique and conditioning. I can answer questions about football on every level from youth to professional. Offense, Defense, Special Teams. Game film break down.

I have been involved in football as a player and/or a coach for over 39 years. I started playing football at the age of 5. A high school standout, a good college career and a stint overseas in the WFL and the NFL Europe. I started coaching youth sports in the off season while playing overseas. This marks my 20th year as a youth coach. I also was a player coach my final playing season overseas. I also worked as a scout, recruiter, asst, OC and head coach on the Overseas pro and Semi pro levels. Recently I worked with a upstart development league as a Asst GM and League Talent Scout. My niche in the coaching forum is a disciplinarian, a motivator and a teacher. This past season, of training my youth, I have 17 of my 22 kids that signed with D-1 schools. Next year, I already have 15 of my next group already committed to D-1 schools. I have served on the Youth Football Committee of San Antonio for 6 years. Recently being appointed as an executive board member.

North American Junior Independent Football Federation 100 Men of America Texas Youth Coaching Assoc. American Coaching Assoc.

Hubpages, SA Sports Light,

High School Graduate College Graduate - Cal St poly College - Palo Alto Univ. - Kinesiology

First Team Offense - High School New Comer of the Year - College Standout Rookie Award - WFL Coach of the year- 1994, 97, 2003, 2004, 2008, 2013 (Some youth Sports, some Semi pro)

NAJIFF, FBU, Youth Sports of South Texas, NSFL, DSFL,WFL, XFL