Football Trivia (General)/Game Stats

Question
QUESTION: I was wondering. My NFL team really sucks this year. Are there stats someone could use to rate teams that isn't directly related to wins/losses? My team seems to be able to get down the field, but we always turn over right before we score any points most of the time. It seems like there should be a way to give a team credit for what they are able to do, and in particular if the final score is a difference of very few points. Quite possibly just a field goal which naturally there isn't much anyone can prevent.

ANSWER: James,

The beauty of football is that a fan can see whatever they wish to see when it comes to the play of their favorite team.

There are countless statistical compilations on thousands of websites that you can find online to validate your supposition about your team.

Surf the web and ask Google or Yahoo about your team and see what comes up.

Happy holidays,
Jim Considine

QUESTION: Where should I look for a teams average game point spread and average points scored versus scored for other team?

Answer
James,
If you type "(insert team name) average game point spread and average points scored versus scored for other team" into your web browser, you will get plenty of answers.
You might want to try to find one thing at a time so as to get a more focused answer.

Football Trivia (General)

Jim Considine