Football Trivia (General)/1947-49 baltimore colts jacket

in this era  have you seen a colt jacket solid   green  with  b.  c.  on the front  and the  colt emblem on  the sleeve. jacket is wool without  leather sleeves   thanks

Baltimore Colts 1947-50 in color somewhat
Baltimore Colts 1947-5  

the jacket
the jacket  

I was just about to hit send after writing you a letter saying that I have never seen the jacket. I was babbling on about how I have made a hobby out of collecting pictures and stories about the AAFC Colts 1947-49 and the NFL Colts 1950.

I was going to send you a collection of all of the Colts color pictures from this era when BANG!, I found the jacket for auction through Huggins and Scott.  Well I'll be darned. The current bid price is #3750.00 Here is the URL ...

Best wishes,  

Football Trivia (General)

Jim Considine

The subject of my expertise pertains to "American Football", as opposed to "Futball" or the game we refer to as soccer in the USA. --------------------------------------------------------- I can answer statistical questions about professional football. I am especially strong on the subject of the BALTIMORE COLTS from 1947 through 1983, Washington Redskins, and the Baltimore Ravens of the National Football League. My services are best used when an older, obscure question is posed. The newer NFL records are easily accessible through I do not appraise memorabilia. I am not an expert on Canadian Football, though I will take a shot at any questions you might pose. I have a good understanding and recall of the folklore about Baltimore football. Some of this information may be subjective in nature. I will give the best answer possible if this is the case.

I am former NFL Statistician with the Washington Redskins. I grew up during the days of the Baltimore Colts in the 1960's. (Please refer to the movie "Diner" for more information about the Baltimore Colts fans)

Washington Redskins Statistician, 2005-2010 Baltimore Ravens, 1996-2003

The records were used by author Jon Morgan in his book, "Glory For Sale". The records have been part of the Baltimore Ravens Media Guides since their inaugural season in 1996. I was interviewed for the cover story of The Press Box, a local, monthly sports tabloid newspaper.

I researched and was able to piece together the statistical history of the AAFC Baltimore Colts 1947-49, and the 1950 NFL Colts. This information was used by The Baltimore Ravens for their 1996 Media Guide. The records were entitled "Baltimore Football Records". It was considered "unofficial" since the AAFC league records were not incorporated with the NFL records when the leagues merged. The reason that this information was created was due to the fact that the NFL had prohibited the 1996 Baltimore Ravens from bringing the records, colors, and team name from the Cleveland Browns. The Baltimore football records were presented in order to create a frame of reference. The Ravens have kept these records since 1996, adding and amending as the Ravens football team challenge these records.

I was awarded two game balls from the Ravens and was recognized for my work as the top game day employee.

Baltimore Ravens, Wise Guides, Washington Redskins