Football Trivia (General)/Match Abandoned - Refundable Or Non Refundable.

In event of a Football Match getting abandoned or cancelled because of rain, poor weather conditions or any other reason will the spectators get back their ticket money ?.

i.e. Is it Refundable or Non Refundable ?.

I Feel it should be refundable.

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

ANSWER: Prashant,

If you are speaking of American football, the games are played in just about any type of weather.  However, if playing the game would endanger the fans, the game will be postponed and rescheduled. As a rule, the postponement will be the the best concession you will get regarding inclement weather.  I have never seen football teams offer a refund.

Best wishes,

Thank you.

If the game even after rescheduling is still not played because of poor weather, rain or any other reasons the rescheduled game got cancelled, will the spectators get the money refund back ?.

Note : Rain or poor weather (Poor Lights) conditions is a natural phenomenon and it is not the fault of the spectators or fans who have come to watch the football game live between the two teams and seeing their favorite players in action.

Ideally the Spectators should get their 100 % money back paid for the tickets.

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Dear Prashant,

Although the chances are very, very slim that a football game would not be played because of inclement weather, if this should occur, the NFL would most likely offer a refund or a credit towards towards the purchase of a ticket to a future game.

In reality, I would expect that the only circumstances where an NFL game would not be played, thus creating a situation where a refund may be necessary would be due to (a) labor strife (b) a matter of national emergency (c) the mourning of a president (d) an act of god.

Lets hope we will not see any of these come to fruition.

Best wishes,

Football Trivia (General)

Jim Considine

The subject of my expertise pertains to "American Football", as opposed to "Futball" or the game we refer to as soccer in the USA. --------------------------------------------------------- I can answer statistical questions about professional football. I am especially strong on the subject of the BALTIMORE COLTS from 1947 through 1983, Washington Redskins, and the Baltimore Ravens of the National Football League. My services are best used when an older, obscure question is posed. The newer NFL records are easily accessible through I do not appraise memorabilia. I am not an expert on Canadian Football, though I will take a shot at any questions you might pose. I have a good understanding and recall of the folklore about Baltimore football. Some of this information may be subjective in nature. I will give the best answer possible if this is the case.

I am former NFL Statistician with the Washington Redskins. I grew up during the days of the Baltimore Colts in the 1960's. (Please refer to the movie "Diner" for more information about the Baltimore Colts fans)

Washington Redskins Statistician, 2005-2010 Baltimore Ravens, 1996-2003

The records were used by author Jon Morgan in his book, "Glory For Sale". The records have been part of the Baltimore Ravens Media Guides since their inaugural season in 1996. I was interviewed for the cover story of The Press Box, a local, monthly sports tabloid newspaper.

I researched and was able to piece together the statistical history of the AAFC Baltimore Colts 1947-49, and the 1950 NFL Colts. This information was used by The Baltimore Ravens for their 1996 Media Guide. The records were entitled "Baltimore Football Records". It was considered "unofficial" since the AAFC league records were not incorporated with the NFL records when the leagues merged. The reason that this information was created was due to the fact that the NFL had prohibited the 1996 Baltimore Ravens from bringing the records, colors, and team name from the Cleveland Browns. The Baltimore football records were presented in order to create a frame of reference. The Ravens have kept these records since 1996, adding and amending as the Ravens football team challenge these records.

I was awarded two game balls from the Ravens and was recognized for my work as the top game day employee.

Baltimore Ravens, Wise Guides, Washington Redskins