Football Trivia (General)/Football rules

Question
If a offensive player starts from a position on the line, he cannot be legally in motion at the snap.       Is this a true or false question and what is the rule reference

Answer
True.
If you send me your email address, I will send you a PDF of the 2015 NFL Rulebook. It is must reading for any football fan. Why? Because the book is an amended version of the original NCAA rules from the early 20th century. The language and terminology is so stiff and stodgy that you can appreciate that it was written about 100 years ago by collegiate academics. It explains why verbs such as "muff" and "try" are used liberally where we never hear them used in discussing the game.
Best wishes,
Jim Considine

Football Trivia (General)

Jim Considine