Football Trivia (General)/Sports personalities excelling in more than one sport

Question
Dear Jim

Can there be Sport personalities who have excelled in more than one sport?.

It could be combinations of one outdoor and one indoor game, both outdoor Games, both indoor Games.

Thanks
Prashant

Answer
Prashant,
Collegiate athletes are frequently playing two or three sports at one time. Professional athletes who are paid to play two different sports are unique. There are people who accomplish the feat but do not excel at either sport. The athletes who excel at two sports are legendary sports heroes.
The greatest of these legends is "Bo" Jackson. Jim Thorpe is another legendary athlete. Dion Sanders and Brian Jordan excelled at one sport and were better than average at the other sport.
These are the biggest names that come to mind.
Jim Considine

Football Trivia (General)

Jim Considine