Football Trivia (General)/NFL

QUESTION: How many NFL General Managers ever played professional football

ANSWER: Ozzie Newsome of the Ravens, John Elway of the Broncos and Rick Spielman of the Vikings. Those are the ones who played as far as I know. In addition Carolina Panthers owner Jerry Richardson played in the NFL.

QUESTION: Thank you.  How many current head coaches played in the NFL.r

Ron Rivera of the Panthers, Gary Kubiak of the Broncos, Jason Garrett of the Cowboys, Jeff Fischer of the Rams, Todd Bowles of the Jets, Jack Del Rio of the Raiders, Doug Pederson of the Eagles. Interesting that none of these men were great players and most were backups for at least part of their careers.  

Football Trivia (General)

Randy Inman

I can answer general questions on the NFL. I do not answer soccer or College Football Answers. I can help you with Fantasy Football questions.

Pro Football writer for and the Claremont Courier newspaper. Writer for the Yahoo Contributor Network. Covers the Carolina Panthers for

Claremont Courier

High School Graduate