Footwear/shoe stretching

QUESTION: I have a pair of leather shoes with a zipper in the heel. They are slightly to tight in the heel and I would like to stretch them. Is it possible to stretch the heel with a functioning zipper or does the zipper intefere with that.

I think its possible to use a stretcher without damaging the zipper. The zipper is usually sew to the upper, so it will will accompany the stretch that you do.
There are a number of stretchers on the market - i attach a picture for example - I think this can do the trick.

Hope it helps,
Best regards,

QUESTION: The shoes I have are high heels. I read somewhere that a stretcher can't be used to lengthen a high heel shoe. Is that correct?

I think its also possible to use a stretcher to increase length.

Ive found this very useful site that describes the process

Hope it helps,
Best regards,

H. Oliveira

I can answer technical questions regarding footwear manufacture, safety footwear, physical testing of footwear and safety footwear manufacture and testing.

Ive worked 5 years as technical manager of a footwear testing laboratory, where I made testing on footwear and footwear components. After that, Ive worked for 8 years in a safety footwear factory, in charge of quality control, laboratory testing and ISO 9001 certification. Presently, I work in a footwear soles factory where we make soles for footwear using injection moulding of thermoplastic rubbers and vulcanization of SBR rubber. Im also in charge of laboratory testing and ISO 9001 certification.

I have a degree in Production Engineering by a Portuguese University. Ive made several short training courses on quality, laboratory testing and computers.