Footwear/western boots

I am looking for working western boots. I normally wear 8 1/2 E shoe and it now I am told I have a very high instep which is why I haven't succeeded in getting any of the boots I was trying on to actually get on my feet. I was trying on men's boots as I can't find any women's boots wide enough but I am in Yuma, Az and the choice is limited. I buy most of my shoes from New Balance, not pretty but they fit.  I have some Harley Davidson motorcycle boots that fit well. My favorite have the lace up and the side zipper but the bottom lugs pick up a lot of horse manure which is messy.(Besides, my bike finds the smell offensive).
Thank you

If you have great difficulty in finding the correct fit and your feet are a bit tricky I suggest you try to have them custom made. Its a bit expensive, but they would do the correct fitting and style you desire. There are a number of websites on line that offer that service so you should consider it.

Hope it helps,
Best regards,

H. Oliveira

I can answer technical questions regarding footwear manufacture, safety footwear, physical testing of footwear and safety footwear manufacture and testing.

Ive worked 5 years as technical manager of a footwear testing laboratory, where I made testing on footwear and footwear components. After that, Ive worked for 8 years in a safety footwear factory, in charge of quality control, laboratory testing and ISO 9001 certification. Presently, I work in a footwear soles factory where we make soles for footwear using injection moulding of thermoplastic rubbers and vulcanization of SBR rubber. Im also in charge of laboratory testing and ISO 9001 certification.

I have a degree in Production Engineering by a Portuguese University. Ive made several short training courses on quality, laboratory testing and computers.