Ford/93ford f150 xlt

Starts then dies if it stays running its really rough.

Hi Rick, this may be a step by step as there is multiple common concerns with this vehicle so i'll have you try a couple things first. Does the engine light come on and off ? Do you know where the E.G.R. valve is  ? if not, look for the exhaust manifold, there will be a tube coming off it coming up towards the top of the engine. it will end at a valve. there should be a vacuum line attached to this valve, remove the line and retest. if the problem persists, tap on tis valve a couple times with a heavy screw driver and retest. if this fixes the concern replace that valve. try these things and get back to me

brian howard

I can answer most question from drive ability to electrical, electronics and almost all check engine light concerns from 2000-2013 vehicles

I am a Ford Certified Master technician. I specialize in drive ability concerns, but can help with most concerns from steering to suspension and climate control relating to Ford And Lincoln/Mercury products from model year 2000 to current

Ford Certified Master Technician