Ford/2005 ford mustang GT

QUESTION: There is a loud tapping noise from the engine. It's constant and goes with entire rpm range. Is the typical?

ANSWER: yes, unfortunatley this is typical. if aftermarket oil filters have been used at all, particles break apart and block the main feed port in the right cylinder head, over time, the rollers in the rockers wear and hence your noise. i'm sure this is not the answer you were looking for. sorry but i dont' lie to people

QUESTION: What can be done about it?

replacing the rockers and lifters is going to be the only repair. i know the sound can be annoying but, you'll probably get more miles out of it than you would think and the noise will remain the same if you use a quality oil and only motorcraft filters from here on out

brian howard

I can answer most question from drive ability to electrical, electronics and almost all check engine light concerns from 2000-2013 vehicles

I am a Ford Certified Master technician. I specialize in drive ability concerns, but can help with most concerns from steering to suspension and climate control relating to Ford And Lincoln/Mercury products from model year 2000 to current

Ford Certified Master Technician