Ford/very little heat output

It cold in here! I have a 95 Ford F150 4x4, 302 automatice that has a very poor heater output! I replaced the thermostat and it did not help! Fan works great, both heater hoses are equally hot, temp gauge needle is in the lower part of the normal range. Would the heater control valve be my next item to replace? Any help would be appreciated

Hi Nelson, how long have you had this vehicle ? With temperatures being what they have been and the size of the radiators in these vehicles, people actually take a piece of carboard and block half the radiator. there is still enough air flow to cool the engine but allows the water entering the radiator a chance to reach operating temperature.

brian howard

I can answer most question from drive ability to electrical, electronics and almost all check engine light concerns from 2000-2013 vehicles

I am a Ford Certified Master technician. I specialize in drive ability concerns, but can help with most concerns from steering to suspension and climate control relating to Ford And Lincoln/Mercury products from model year 2000 to current

Ford Certified Master Technician