Ford/very little heat output

Question
It cold in here! I have a 95 Ford F150 4x4, 302 automatice that has a very poor heater output! I replaced the thermostat and it did not help! Fan works great, both heater hoses are equally hot, temp gauge needle is in the lower part of the normal range. Would the heater control valve be my next item to replace? Any help would be appreciated

Answer
Hi Nelson, how long have you had this vehicle ? With temperatures being what they have been and the size of the radiators in these vehicles, people actually take a piece of carboard and block half the radiator. there is still enough air flow to cool the engine but allows the water entering the radiator a chance to reach operating temperature.

Ford

brian howard