Ford/1997 ford taurus electric problem

radio/clock will not turn on/nor appear. rest of dash ok.  also no heat when heater is turned on. nor does defroster work on any setting. help please. thank you so much.

Hello, first I need to ask did both these problems start at the same time ? Do you own a test light or a multi-meter ? start by checking all the fuses under the hood, they are located in a black box at the front of the engine. if they are ok, there is a second fuse box under the dash by the driver's left leg. As far as the blower motor, which is located on the pass side, turn the fan on high and tap on the motor lightly with a hammer, if it turns on, you know the problem. check the fuses and get back to me

brian howard

I can answer most question from drive ability to electrical, electronics and almost all check engine light concerns from 2000-2013 vehicles

I am a Ford Certified Master technician. I specialize in drive ability concerns, but can help with most concerns from steering to suspension and climate control relating to Ford And Lincoln/Mercury products from model year 2000 to current

Ford Certified Master Technician