Ford/Rear Suspension

Question
Hi Brian, I own a 2002 F150. 4.6 engine SuperCab. It has approximately 128,000 miles. When driving over dips on my street i hear a squeaking type noise from the rear. Probably the leaf spring. My question is there a leaf spring pad that can be replaced? any other suggestions?

Thanks,

John

Answer
Hi on the lower springs there should be plastic pads . Are they still in place ? The do fall out.  The other know concern is the rear brake pads shifting in the caliper bracket  do you have rear disc brakes ?  If it does remove the rear brakes and add a heavy coating to the bracket where the pads meet

Ford

brian howard