QUESTION: I have a 1990 Ford F 250 with a 4.9 inline 6 the truck idles great but after the truck reaches running temperature it starts to bog down under high RPMs what could cause this problem

ANSWER: Hello, has any recent work been done ? Ie... Maintenance ? Does the service engine light come on ? Are you driving it when it does this or just idling and you are raising the isle manually ?

QUESTION: The head on the engine was replaced.the service light is not on. It only does it when driving. When parked it runs fine during high or low idle

So at a steady cruise high speeds or any speed, it surges or starts losing power ? Are you familiar with the engine components ? Try disconnecting the EGR valve by taking the vacuum line off it and reroad test . If that doesn't take care of it, locate the fuel rail and disconnect the vacuum line from the fuel pressure regulator and reroad  test and get back to me please  

brian howard

I can answer most question from drive ability to electrical, electronics and almost all check engine light concerns from 2000-2013 vehicles

I am a Ford Certified Master technician. I specialize in drive ability concerns, but can help with most concerns from steering to suspension and climate control relating to Ford And Lincoln/Mercury products from model year 2000 to current

Ford Certified Master Technician