Ford Repair/2000 Focus Rear Brakes

Question
Hello Brian.  I have a 2000 Ford Focus ZTS. Replaced rear drums, shoes, and wheel cylinders with after market parts. Brakes squeaked LOUDLY from about 25 mph to a stop. Took everything apart and replaced with new Motorcraft parts.  Still have the squeaking at the end of the stop.  I have read that this is a common problem with this car.  Any ideas?  Many thanks -

Answer
there are two ways to eliminate this. first. apply a small amount of lubricant to where the brakes contact the plate they attach to also, there is a spray you can purchase from your local auto parts store. lightly sand the inside of the drum and spray this chemical ( it's gray in color). on the inside of the drum surface and reassemble then perform a few hard stops. this spray embeds itself to the drum and shoes and prevents this from happening

Ford Repair

brian