Ford Repair/Ford Ranger Issue

Two questions, if I may:

1.) My 2000 Ranger has a squeal -it has for a couple years and has very, very gradually gotten worse.  I replaced the belt, which quieted it down for about a month.  Then I replaced the belt tensioner, which quieted it down again for about a month.  It's back as it was before.  If it's not the belt & it's not the tensioner, could you suggest what else it might be?  It's nothing on the A/C compressor because I put a new one in & it's quiet.

2.) For over a year I have had a single pulse coming from the brake pedal only when I am almost completely stopped.  Again, just a single pulse & only when I'm almost completely stopped.  It hasn't gotten worse & the ABS light is NOT on, but I know it works (it lights up when turning the ignition on).  How can I go about determining exactly what the issue is?

Thank You!

the squealing is coming from either of two places, the idler pulley thats the small smooth one or the pulley on the water pump. these were very common also your pulsing is coming from the abs. i would suggest raising the front wheel and shaking the to check for looseness, usually this is a sign of a wheel bearing going bad- the abs ring is located inside and will cause this concern

Ford Repair

I can help you to answer most vehicle questions dating from 2000 and on. cars and light trucks relating to ford electrical. air conditioning, heating, brakes, steering and almost all driveabilty concrns. I am well versed in the area of Fords new sync/ford and lincoln my touch systems.

I have worked for Ford for the last 15 years and recently received my master technician status.

Ford master tecnician. Ford certified in steering, suspension, brakes, climate control, electrical and driveability concerns. light transission concerns. as well as certifed in Fords new sync/Ford/Lincoln mt Touch systems

Ford master technician