Ford Repair/fuel types

Question
Hello, I have been using premium (93 octane) fuel in my new vehicle and have noticed that my mpg has increased 5-8mpg's. I was told that using premium higher octane fuel in newer cars that dont require the higher octane will wear down pistons and is generally not good in the long run for continuous use on the engine. I could really use an outside perspective on this. Am I better off using regular (87 octane)? Thank you, sincerely Jared C.

Answer
really depends on the vehicle's requirement. if it calls for 87 then use it.. unless your driving a high performance vehicle that needs 93. as far as wear on the engine-- that would be a first for me. the only difference in the fuel is, a high octane burns longer so you increase fuel economy.

Ford Repair

brian