Ford Repair/transmission?

Question
hi, 03 ford windstar while driving, as if slipped out of gear engine revs goes nowhere forward or reverse, in and out of park so not a linkage issue, where do i start? fluid is good/full thanks

Answer
you have either of two problems, most likely you stripped the gear in the torque converter. this will stop all movement with no warning. if the fluid is full and will not move then this will be your concern or the other cause ( 2nd to look for ) is a broken sun gear in the trani. wish i had better news but,,  for more info though- you can actually google this question. i think you find the same diagnosis. about a 1200.00 repair. please keep me posted   -b-

Ford Repair

brian