Ford Repair/speedometer trouble

i have a 1981 bronco full size custom with 5.0 302 all stock and it is 4wd. my speedometer isn't working correctly. while your driving the needle fluctuates largely between about 10-15 mph. the faster i go the less it fluctuates less. how would i go about solving this issue?

not real familiar with the year of this truck but, from the symptoms, it appears your speedometer cable is binding. the cable attaches into a gear on the trani and the goes in to your instrument cluster. it's usually 2 pieces. replace the first section coming off the transmission

Ford Repair

I can help you to answer most vehicle questions dating from 2000 and on. cars and light trucks relating to ford electrical. air conditioning, heating, brakes, steering and almost all driveabilty concrns. I am well versed in the area of Fords new sync/ford and lincoln my touch systems.

I have worked for Ford for the last 15 years and recently received my master technician status.

Ford master tecnician. Ford certified in steering, suspension, brakes, climate control, electrical and driveability concerns. light transission concerns. as well as certifed in Fords new sync/Ford/Lincoln mt Touch systems

Ford master technician