Ford Repair/won't start at times

I have a 2002 ford explorer sport. 99 times out of a 100 it starts fine. but then you can get into the car and it will do nothing but crank over. you might get it started in 5 min or just recently it took 2 day to get it to start.  I just had it to a ford dealer for a tune up and to check this problem out. they said the problem might be the fuel pump but they would not guarantee it. that possible fix would cost 800.00 to $1000.00 got any ideas to other solutions other than a fuel pump.

There is a pcm update that can be done by your dealer for this concern. as far as a fuel concern, best way to verify it yourself, when it happens-- if it fails to start, cycle the key from off to on 6-7 times leaving the key in the on position for 3-4 seconds each time. at the end of the 7th time crank it over, if it starts immediatley then the problem is your fuel pump

Ford Repair

I can help you to answer most vehicle questions dating from 2000 and on. cars and light trucks relating to ford electrical. air conditioning, heating, brakes, steering and almost all driveabilty concrns. I am well versed in the area of Fords new sync/ford and lincoln my touch systems.

I have worked for Ford for the last 15 years and recently received my master technician status.

Ford master tecnician. Ford certified in steering, suspension, brakes, climate control, electrical and driveability concerns. light transission concerns. as well as certifed in Fords new sync/Ford/Lincoln mt Touch systems

Ford master technician